Green Acres Art Centre Inc (GAAC) is a non-proﬁt offering arts, culture and wellness programs for residents of all ages in the Town of Teulon, RM of Rockwood and surrounding municipalities.
The GAAC is seeking an experienced, positive, enthusiastic and reliable individual to ﬁ ll the position of Financial Assistant who will provide support with ﬁnancials for the GAAC’s Board of Directors.
The Financial Assistant will be responsible to assist with all aspects of ﬁnancials. This position is part-time and will start at 10 hours a week. Scheduling of this position allows for ﬂexibility. Saturdays would be required during the training period and when necessary to meet deadlines. Attendance at the monthly evening board meeting is expected.
Employment is a term of 15 weeks, starting after ﬁrst day of employment. This position has potential to increase weekly hours and become permanent.
Qualifications & Skills Required
• Excellent working knowledge and understanding of banking/accounting procedures
• Experience working in an accounting position – receivables, payables, and/or payroll OR
• Post Secondary Education in accounting
• Willingness and ability to learn
• Simply Accounting experience an asset
• Experience with Excel Spreadsheets
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proﬁciency with Microsoft Ofﬁce and Outlook
• The ability to work independently and with groups of people
• The ability to be ﬂexible with scheduling
• Must provide Criminal & Child Abuse Checks
• A reliable vehicle for running GAAC errands (mail, bank deposits etc)
• Understanding of how a Board of Directors for a not-for-proﬁt organization operates an asset
Salary will be on an hourly basis and will be determined based on experience.
Please email resumes to email@example.com Subject: Financial Assistant.
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
This position will remain open until the right candidate is hired.